Friday, May 30, 2008




We just finsihed with another group, and let me tell you, this group was something different. The other two groups had at least one or two people who were kind of disruptive and didn't show sincere interest in learning, but this group had a few very outspoken individuals that were kind of hard to keep under control. They didn't act like little kids or anything, they just asked irrelevant questions and refused to fully participate in some activities. The whole week both Skyler and I felt overwhelmed and at a loss as to what we could do for them. But in the end I could tell that a few people were understanding, and with some practice were really going to knock 'em dead out in the professional world. But I also felt that we could have done better for those individuals if we hadn't felt overwhelmed by the others. I guess we're going to have to learn to deal with those situations.

It looks like we're going to Bahia, but we're not exactly sure when. Fernando seems pretty intent on sending us, but if he has to go the week after next to take care of some technical stuff out there, we might just go with him in his car. If not, we might go by bus next week. Who knows. Either way, we'll have a ton of fun in Bahia (and get some work done too...), and I'll make sure I send pictures of Salvador.

This week I've had some small moments that were just one of those little things in life that makes a big difference. For example, I watched the sunset over the ocean for the first time in my life. Fortaleza is great because you can see both the sunrise and sunset over the ocean. I'll watch the sunrise some time soon, but that means getting up at like 4 am to make it to the beach by about 4:45. But hey, I've got to make the most of it, eh?

I'm getting some cool tastes of Brazil. For example, I learned how to make passion fruit juice the other day. Maracujá (passion fruit) is kind of like a lemon, and to make a juice that's worth tasting you've got to add plenty of sugar. Just thought I'd share that with ya'll. K, well gotta go to an institute party. Peace.



1 comment:

Brad said...

Are you eating enough? You look skinny!